11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting ride of these 11 things change your life?
December 11, 8:00 pm: I like this prompt. It is a list and the number is unusual.
1. All the recyclables that are cluttering my bedroom. With a clean bedroom I sleep better.
2. Clothes from before Fresco was born. They’re never going to fit. Until I am 80 and then I won’t have anywhere to wear them. This will make more room for clothes that do fit and / or other things that need to go in my closet. It will also close the door on my pre-childbirth hips.
3. Impulse purchases. It’s how I end up with so many $5 t shirts that I can’t wear because I was in too much of a hurry to try them on but come on, $5 t-shirts are all alike, I’m sure it’ll fit! They don’t. They never do. Ever.
4. All the socks with holes that I am never going to darn, make into clever arm sleeves or puppets or jackets for dachshund.
5. Baby stuff. I am not having any more babies. And also, some of it is worth money and I have always intended to sell. Money is good, I think we could use some.
December 12, 8:00 am: I don’t like this prompt. I don’t have anything else I want to eliminate.
OK. I do. I want to eliminate:
7. Non-productive fear
but really, do we think this is likely? I want to eliminate these things all the time. It still hasn’t happened. I’ll do it tomorrow.
Ha ha ha.
The things I want to eliminate are not things I can control. All the things I can control, I have eliminated already, except for the physical pieces of stuff around the house that I haven’t had time to get rid of. Top secret: I kind of like being in control, so I exercise my limited control as often as I can. But just in case this is a magical exercise where the expression makes manifest, I would also like to eliminate:
9. Fresco’s apparent inability to get enough sleep to make him a tolerable human being. This would make us all a lot more relaxed.
10. The cat’s apparent inability to eat his food without all of us watching him. This is just a general irritant.
11. My apparent inability to throw my hands up about irritants general and specific and say “Que Sera Sera! It’s 4 am, let’s eat popcorn!” but instead get stressed and grumpy about them.
All right! Good luck, me!